Bitcoin reset the record books after it reached an all-time high and surpassed $8,200 for the first time.
As of this writing, the markets reached a high of $8,241.30. The high bar represents a continuation of the trend that started over the weekend when the price ballooned above the $8,000 mark on Sunday trading.
The new record mark is also the latest chapter in what has been an up and down roller coaster for the cryptocurrency’s price moves in the past few days. As reported yesterday, the price of bitcoin had been trading near $6,000 over a week ago, having dropped from nearly $7,900 before then.
As of press time, the price of bitcoin is trading at an estimated $8,226.
Other cryptocurrencies inside the top-10 group by market capitalization have witnessed increases in the past day, including ether, which reached an 11-week high on numerous reports of a new regulated derivatives product established around the cryptocurrency.
- Token Discussion Panel Turns Heated! 27 November 2017
- Bitcoin Price Sets New All-Time High at Over $9,000! 27 November 2017
- Cryptocurrencies “More of Investment” 27 November 2017
- Bermuda Launches Cryptocurrency Task Force 27 November 2017
- Dnata Partners with IBM for Air Cargo Blockchain Pilot 27 November 2017