Cryptocurrency exchange Bitfinex and its spin-off Ethfinex have put up support for four new USD-backed stablecoins.
This is according to a blog post that was shared just recently.
Both exchanges have launched stablecoins USDC, True USD (TUSD), Paxos (PAX) and the Gemini dollar (GUSD) in an effort to keep the platforms “agnostic.” The four new stablecoins join the already supported Ethereum-backed coin DAI and the industry stalwart, Tether (USDT), all to be exchanged against USD.
Clarifying that the move is an effort to offer an “unbiased meeting place” for crypto traders, the exchanges stressed that deposits and withdrawals for the newly added stablecoins are restricted to confirmed traders within their platforms, while trading verification status does not influence trading.
The move comes after the introduction of direct USDT-fiat trading in late November, through the addition of USDT/USD and EURT/EUR trading pairs on the Bitfinex platform. That update was made in combination with the launch of direct 1:1 redemptions of USDT to fiat on Tether’s platform.
- Tom Lee Claims Fair Value of Bitcoin to Touch $150K Per Coin 14 December 2018
- Church’s Chicken Begins Accepting Dash in Venezuela 14 December 2018
- TokenSoft Invests in SEC-Regulated Broker-Dealer 14 December 2018
- Banking App Revolut Claims EU Banking License 14 December 2018
- Bitcoin Trumps Google Trends as Users Look to Know “What It Is” 14 December 2018
Blockchain4 days ago
State Farm Looking at Blockchain Solution to Quicken Auto Insurance Claims
SEC4 days ago
US SEC Chairman Jay Clayton Says ICOs Can Be Effective
Blockchain5 days ago
IBM Works with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company for Blockchain Supply Chain System
china5 days ago
Chinese Central Bank Governor Labels STOs “Illegal Financial Activity”