JP Morgan CIO Lori Beer declared at a press conference in Argentina that blockchain will “replace existing technology” in a few years’ time.
This is according to Argentinian website Cripto247.
“We will see a greater and wider use of blockchain […] In a few years blockchain will replace the existing technology, today it only coexists with the current one,” Beer declared.
Beer explained that JP Morgan makes use of blockchain technology to “simplify the payment process and to store customers’ information related to KYC (Know Your Customer) policy.” She also said that blockchain technology helps to deter money laundering.
Beer continued on the use of blockchain technology by the bank, saying:
“We are currently following many paths. We invented a blockchain with an open code based on Ethereum. Actual blockchain technology has not yet resolved issues with privacy and scalability that we needed. We are connected to Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance. The application of this technology in business is more important to us than the technology itself. We are looking not only for cost reduction, but also for opportunities to develop new products.”
Beer was also queried about JP Morgan’s stance on buying cryptocurrencies. She said that the bank only backs what is regulated and has experts who are “evaluating what is happening” with virtual currencies.
- Standard Chartered Announces Blockchain Pilot to ‘”Digitize” Bank Guarantees 31 August 2018
- OECD Introduces “First Major International Conference” Focused on Blockchain 31 August 2018
- Australia Links With IBM and Legal Experts to Set Up Smart Contracts Platform 31 August 2018
- Lawyer Says “Fake” Interrogation of Alexander Vinnik Violated His Rights 31 August 2018
- DFINITY Raises $105 Million in New Funding Round 31 August 2018
bank5 days ago
Bank of America Applies for Blockchain Patent for Crypto Storage
Cryptocurrency5 days ago
Tether Issued in August Not Influencing Crypto Markets
assets1 day ago
The WACEO, Setting New Standards In The Cryptocurrency Exchanges With Policymakers
Bitcoin5 days ago
Tom Lee Predicts Bitcoin Could End Year “Explosively Higher”