Cryptocurrency exchange Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) has named former Chief Information Officer of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), Robert Cornish, as its very first Chief Technology Officer.
According to the press release that was made available by the firm that was founded by the Winklevoss brothers, Cornish would be tasked with leading technology initiatives and closely monitoring the deployment of Nasdaq’s SMARTS Market Surveillance technology, which allows Gemini control of all of its order books and Gemini Auctions.
Cornish already has extensive experience, holding senior positions at the International Securities Exchange, and was named by Institutional Investor as a “Trading Technology Top 40” Financial Services executive.
Tyler Winklevoss, Gemini’s Chief Executive Officer remarked that Cornish would “ensure that Gemini continues to deliver the best platform experience to our customers as possible and set the standards of excellence for the cryptocurrency industry as a whole.”
With this development, Cornish joins the wave of Wall Street executives that have switched over to blockchain and crypto endeavors.
Earlier in the year, former Goldman Sachs Executive Director Priyanka Lilaramani joined forces with HOLD, a Maltese crypto startup, as its new CEO. Head of Central Europe at Fujitsu Dr. Rolf Werner has also joined IOTA Foundation. Last year, Crypto exchange Coinbase tapped former PayPal and Facebook executive David Marcus to join its board of directors.
- Cryptopia Begins Scheduled Maintenance Early, Users Alarmed 11 July 2018
- Palladium to Launch Very First ICCO 11 July 2018
- People’s Bank of China Issues Ominous Warning Against Those That Want to Operate ICOs 11 July 2018
- FINRA Releases Regulator Warning Mandating Members to Declare Crypto Activities 11 July 2018
- EU Directive Lays Down More Stringent Transparency Regulations for Digital Currencies 11 July 2018