Researchers have reportedly revealed a giant botnet that copies under real Twitter accounts. As indicated by ITPro, the botnet’s accounts are used to progress fake shady plans utilizing digital currencies. With the use of machine learning, the DUO Security team could distinguish the botnet. The team apparently checked about 88 million Twitter accounts. According to the researchers, the botnet creates fake accounts that emulate under genuine twitter accounts related to cryptocurrencies. To promote the fraudulent scheme, the bots comment on tweets and leave a link that leads to the fake portal.
- Waste Management Firm Launches Blockchain Platform in Sharjah 18 February 2019
- Police Apprehend Suspects in $14 Million Crypto Scam 18 February 2019
- Crypto Markets Seeing Wave of Green 18 February 2019
- New Payment App of Rakuten to Support Crypto? 18 February 2019
- Regulated ETH Futures Would Result in More Robust Market, Says ErisX 18 February 2019