Researchers have reportedly revealed a giant botnet that copies under real Twitter accounts. As indicated by ITPro, the botnet’s accounts are used to progress fake shady plans utilizing digital currencies. With the use of machine learning, the DUO Security team could distinguish the botnet. The team apparently checked about 88 million Twitter accounts. According to the researchers, the botnet creates fake accounts that emulate under genuine twitter accounts related to cryptocurrencies. To promote the fraudulent scheme, the bots comment on tweets and leave a link that leads to the fake portal.
- Institutional Players Believe Bitcoin Price Has Already “Bottomed” – Fundstrat Survey 5 October 2018
- BlackBerry Introduces Blockchain Platform for Healthcare 5 October 2018
- Seoul Mayor Launches Five-Year Plan to Promote Blockchain 5 October 2018
- Circle Internet Financial Launches “Collections” 5 October 2018
- Bithumb to Open Global Decentralized Crypto Exchange 5 October 2018