The founder of Romanian crypto exchange Coinflux, Nistor Vlad Călin, is being extradited to the United States, according to a report seen on Mediafax.
Călin was apprehended on a warrant from the United States on charges of organized crime, money laundering and fraud that was supposedly done through his cryptocurrency exchange.
Călin has been arrested by the United States officials after a note from a secret service agent blamed him of intentionally helping to launder proceedings of criminal activity done inside the territory of the United States.
According to the report, Anatol Pânzaru, Călin’s lawyer, has exclaimed before the Bucharest Court of Appeal that the conditions of the treaty on judicial cooperation between Romania and the United States have not been fulfilled.
Pânzaru has also remarked that his client had no way of knowing that the cryptocurrency that was being investigated was earned through duplicitous activity. He also asked that the court reject the request for extradition.
- Waste Management Firm Launches Blockchain Platform in Sharjah 18 February 2019
- Police Apprehend Suspects in $14 Million Crypto Scam 18 February 2019
- Crypto Markets Seeing Wave of Green 18 February 2019
- New Payment App of Rakuten to Support Crypto? 18 February 2019
- Regulated ETH Futures Would Result in More Robust Market, Says ErisX 18 February 2019