Blue Horizon Advisory
In partnership with www.cryptalnews.com
“Pay Musicians per stream”
We vote NO!
|Sector:||Online music streaming|
|Proposal:||Pay musicians per stream|
Between June 4th and the 6th Feedbands tested a feature where artists were paid 10 cents in Dash every time their songs were streamed.
This test yielded a 20.000+ payments to artists, in real time, as their songs are streamed.
- Even and scalable Dash distribution
- Create a passive distribution channel
- Create a new user base for Dash, people earning small amounts on a regular basis, making these amounts spendable.
- Promote artists via a generous remuneration scheme, thus acting as PR for Dash
- Promote the use of Dash
The funding request aims to:
- Ensure sufficient funds to keep the channel on-going for 1 month
- Develop new features that were requested by the users (daily / weekly payment batching, facial recognition/identity verification checks for new artist signups)
|95 Dash:||To be distributed directly to artists|
|30 Dash:||Development budget|
|5 Dash:||Proposal reimbursement|
|Payment type:||One-time payment|
|Start date:||18th June 2018|
|End date:||18th July 2018|
|Final voting:||30th June 2018|
|Necessary votes to be funded:||538 yes votes|
|Votes breakdown:||*As of June 15th, 2018|
|Streaming services||Remuneration per play|
|Feedbands||0,39700 USD **|
|Groove Music||0.02730 USD|
|Apple Music||0.00640 USD|
|Amazon Prime Music & Amazon Music unlimited||0.00740 USD|
|Google Play||0.00611 USD|
**Estimated figure, Feedbands say that they pay 100x more than Spotify
Based on the budget allocation scheme and remuneration strategy, we think that this funding request will only buy the owner some time (1 month of artist remuneration), and has a very limited upside for the Dash Community (given its usage of both USD and Dash). We, therefore, see no interesting potential in this investment opportunity.
All rights attached to this document are exclusively reserved to Blue Horizon Advisory. This document can in no case be copied, photocopied, or partially or completely duplicated without prior written permission from Blue Horizon Advisory. This document can only be distributed by Blue Horizon Advisory. This document is intended solely for the use of the addressees. It should not be transmitted to any person other than the original addressees without the prior written consent of Blue Horizon Advisory. If you receive this document in error, please delete or destroy it and notify the sender immediately.
This document is communicated for information purposes only and It should not be construed as an offer or solicitation with respect to the investment or disinvestment. This document is based on carefully selected public information. However, no representation, warranty or undertaking, express or implied, is made to the recipients of this document as to or in relation to the accuracy or completeness or otherwise of this document or as to the reasonableness of any assumption contained in this document. In addition, any view, opinion or other information provided herein is indicative.
- Waste Management Firm Launches Blockchain Platform in Sharjah 18 February 2019
- Police Apprehend Suspects in $14 Million Crypto Scam 18 February 2019
- Crypto Markets Seeing Wave of Green 18 February 2019
- New Payment App of Rakuten to Support Crypto? 18 February 2019
- Regulated ETH Futures Would Result in More Robust Market, Says ErisX 18 February 2019