The Indian Government has the project to launch crypto tokens for financial transactions in the country.
Cryptocurrency regulations in India have been a source of uncertainty.
The Economic Affairs Secretary, Subhash Chandra Garg who heads the advisory study group affirms:
« The committee is studying the possibility of using cryptocurrencies or crypto technology for financial transactions and also what kind of regulations are needed for that. […] the currency is totally banned, the committee is discussing its other usage and how it can be mainstreamed in India »
© Image via Ministry of Finance India
- Waste Management Firm Launches Blockchain Platform in Sharjah 18 February 2019
- Police Apprehend Suspects in $14 Million Crypto Scam 18 February 2019
- Crypto Markets Seeing Wave of Green 18 February 2019
- New Payment App of Rakuten to Support Crypto? 18 February 2019
- Regulated ETH Futures Would Result in More Robust Market, Says ErisX 18 February 2019