After a two month stretch that saw its price stall, the cryptocurrency, monero, rallied and finished with an all-time high of over $155.
Monero has been sitting at the $80-$100 range since September 18. However, it spiked and broke the $100 mark on November 8 and has been rising ever since.
At around 11:30 UTC on Wednesday, monero reached at a new record high of $156.09 – beating the previous high of $154.58 set on August 28.
As of this writing, prices were still on the rise. The gains for the 8th largest cryptocurrency by total value mark a 14.59% rise over the last 24 hours, and on a by week basis, monero is up 27.0%.
As is becoming a common thread in price charts across various cryptocurrencies, South Korean trading seems to be playing a huge role in the upbeat monero market.
Korean exchange Bithumb is responsible for 31.64% of the trading volume. However, European exchange BitBTC and U.S.-based Poloniex are reporting significant volumes at 15.07 and 14.30%, respectively.
- Token Discussion Panel Turns Heated! 27 November 2017
- Bitcoin Price Sets New All-Time High at Over $9,000! 27 November 2017
- Cryptocurrencies “More of Investment” 27 November 2017
- Bermuda Launches Cryptocurrency Task Force 27 November 2017
- Dnata Partners with IBM for Air Cargo Blockchain Pilot 27 November 2017