ViaBTC is instituting a new cryptocurrency exchange that is based in the UK.
The exchangeâ€™s base cryptocurrency would be bitcoin cash, which forked away from the main bitcoin blockchain earlier this year.
CoinEx, which was integrated on December 4 according to public filings, will provide trading pairs for bitcoin, litecoin and ethereum, just to name a few, ViaBTC disclosed in a statement.
The mining pool, which is based in China, had run an exchange in the worldâ€™s most packed nation but shut the operation down after regulators moved to bar cryptocurrency trading in the country.
The mining pool was one of the earlier backers of bitcoin cash, and its earlier exchange provided services around the cryptocurrency.
These days, the company is establishing its base in the U.K., having spoken of the launch in late November on social media.
“The reason we chose [bitcoin cash] over [bitcoin] is that it has much faster transactions with low fees and better performance in terms of usability,” Sara Ouyang, ViaBTCâ€™s chief operating officer, shared in a statement.
Plans for the future include upkeep for margin trading as well as derivatives contracts related to cryptocurrencies, said Ouyang.
The firm is also working on an over-the-counter trading platform to “supplement the ecosystem,” Ouyang said.
- Ledger Raises $75 Million in Series B Funding Round 19 January 2018
- Deparment of Veterans Affairs Looking at Possibility of Using Blockchain 19 January 2018
- South Korea Regulator Looking Into Staff Insider Trading of Cryptocurrencies 19 January 2018
- ESMA Asks Public for Input on Cryptocurrency Derivatives Regulation 19 January 2018
- New York Stock Exchange Mother Company Announces Cryptocurrency Data Feed 19 January 2018
Bitcoin5 days ago
Metropolitan Bank Stops Cryptocurrency-Related International Wires
Business3 days ago
BitConnectâ€™s Cryptocurrency Price Plunges by Over 90%
Bitcoin5 days ago
Cryptocurrencies Must Be Overseen by International Regulations, Says German Central Banker
Bitcoin6 days ago
Washington Town Emerging as Bitcoin Mining Epicenter