Bitcoin markets have ramped up to break the $10,000 mark.
The popular digital asset has recovered well since faltering in a huge way, dipping below $6,000 on February 6.
The controversial cryptocurrency has been on a tear in recent days, culminating in a high of $10,293.44. At the moment, it is exchanging hands at $10,087.92.
The bearish action of the past few weeks saw it lose ground of an estimated 65% of its value, dropping from approximately $17,000 at the start of January to the recent low of less than $6,000 at the start of this month.
When placed against the all-time high of an estimated $19,700 on December 17th, the drop down to $6,000 was a 70% loss in the value in a span of a mere seven weeks.
Meanwhile, the value of other cryptocurrencies have shown a strong correlation to bitcoin in recent months, with nearly every cryptocurrency bouncing back in unison with bitcoin during this stretch.
Among the best performing was Bitcoin Cash, which rose over 12% according to market resource, CoinMarketCap. At the moment, Bitcoin Cash is trading at $1,529.73
According to Coinmarketcap, bitcoin is currently exerting a market dominance of approximately 35.6%. Ethereum is running second, boasting a 19.5% market share, followed by Ripple with 9.5%, and Bitcoin Cash with almost 5%.
- Ethereum Founder Says Cryptocurrencies Could Fall to “Near-Zero” 20 February 2018
- “Crypto Colonialism” Invading Hurricane-Ravaged Puerto Rico 20 February 2018
- Warnings Remain Unheeded as Nigerians Trading Close to $4 Million Worth of Bitcoin Per Week 20 February 2018
- Spain Considering Giving Tax Breaks to Blockchain and Crypto Firms 20 February 2018
- Russians Indicted for Election Tampering Had Fake Cryptocurrency Exchange Accounts 20 February 2018
Bitcoin2 days ago
Anonymous Investor Purchases $344 Million Worth of Bitcoins
Business5 days ago
Siberia Making Conditions Ideal for Cryptocurrency Mining
Business2 days ago
CFTC Announces Bounty for Those Exposing Pump and Dump Schemes
5 days ago
Finally, the world’s first institutional grade crypto-currency exchange is launching!