David Marcus the former head of Facebook’s Messenger team who now leads a blockchain-focused group within the social media giant, announced that his 8-month residency on the cryptocurrency trading platform Coinbase comes to an end.
A Coinbase representative clarified that Marcus’ renunciation “was made to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest,” ” which a few experts have guessed might be Facebook’s own blockchain activity.
Marcus additionally declared that he was setting up « a new group » at Facebook around blockchain, opening the door to speculations.
Some sources affirm Facebook has been discussing with big banks to add financial applications on the platform.
- Unidos Podemos Proposes Creation of Group to Study Blockchain 14 August 2018
- Tether Issues New Tokens Worth $50 Million 14 August 2018
- Microsoft Seeking to Boost Blockchain Solutions with New Patents 14 August 2018
- Blockchain Among Focus of South Korea’s Development Plans 14 August 2018
- Coinbase Index Fund Lessens Yearly Management Fee 14 August 2018
binance5 days ago
Binance CEO Introduces Demo of Their Decentralized Exchange
Bitcoin5 days ago
Singapore: Golden Gate Venture Invests $10 Million Crypto in Blockchain Startups
Kenya3 days ago
Kenya : Tomato Market Is Using Bancor Blockchain For Transactions
Cryptocurrency5 days ago
Litecoin Transactions Now Accessible Through Telegram