Following the ongoing surge in cybercrime focusing on the cryptocurrency industry, internet security specialists have uncovered three different ways attackers use to hack cryptocurrency exchanges. The common technique is where attackers send phishing messages to users. The second method is by use of phishing sites, which are the complete duplicates of the exchanges. Some hackers also target the users’ email accounts. Users are cautioned against opening emails from unknown sources, to avoid being defrauded. They are also advised to scrutinize the senders’ email addresses accurately.
- Cryptopia Begins Scheduled Maintenance Early, Users Alarmed 11 July 2018
- Palladium to Launch Very First ICCO 11 July 2018
- People’s Bank of China Issues Ominous Warning Against Those That Want to Operate ICOs 11 July 2018
- FINRA Releases Regulator Warning Mandating Members to Declare Crypto Activities 11 July 2018
- EU Directive Lays Down More Stringent Transparency Regulations for Digital Currencies 11 July 2018